What is Orthodontics?
The term ‘Orthodontics’ is derived from two Greek words: ‘ortho’ means correct or straight, and ‘dontics’ means teeth. Orthodontics is the specialized branch of dentistry that deals with straightening of misaligned teeth or malocclusions. It also focuses on management of abnormally positioned teeth, face, and jaws.
Who is Orthodontist?
Orthodontist is a dentist with specialized training for diagnosis, prevention as well as treatment of jaw and teeth irregularities. While they can correct the existing conditions, they can also identify issues that might develop and create problems in the future. Orthodontics provide diagnosis and treatment to people of all genders and ages, from children to adults.
Orthodontics make use of removable or fixed dental devices, such as braces, bands, and trainers, to change position of teeth in mouth. They treat a variety of dental abnormalities including:
- Bite issues- overbite or underbite
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps in teeth or crowded teeth
- Misaligned jaws
The orthodontist aims at improving patient’s bite, and make sure the teeth are evenly spaced, straight and aligned with opposing teeth in jaw. A healthy bite would allow you to speak, eat and chew properly. It is generally considered that an orthodontist can only fix branches in children and teenagers, however, they can provide dental solutions to all age groups.
If you are looking for orthodontist Bahrain, best dentist in Bahrain, best periodontist in Bahrain and pediatric dentist Bahrain, contact Al Hilal hospital today and get consultation with the best orthodontist Bahrain.
Types of Orthodontic Treatments
Any orthodontic treatment starts with assessment of current position of teeth, and how they are expected to change over time. It usually involves taking X-rays, making plaster models, and taking pictures of teeth. The orthodontist then devices a treatment plan- there are several types of treatment plans available, using orthodontic appliances, including:
Fixed Braces-the most common orthodontic appliance. These are not removable and are made with brackets glued to the front of each tooth and lined with wire. If you are planning to get fixed braces, call Al Hilal hospital and get information about teeth braces cost in Bahrain- we have best dentist in Bahrain, as well as attractive packages for teeth cleaning Bahrain- that you might need before or after the braces.
In severe cases, fixed braces are used in combination with a surgery to move the jaws.
Removable Braces– these are used to achieve very limited tooth movement, usually plastic plates covering the roof of mouth and clipped onto some teeth. Visit Al Hilal hospital and get all information regarding teeth braces cost in Bahrain.
Functional Appliances– these are a pair of removable plastic braces, joined together or designed to interact and fit on both the upper and lower teeth.
Head Gear- it is not an orthodontic appliance but is usually used with other appliances and is worn at night.
Aligners/ invisible braces– series of custom-made tight-fitting mouthpieces that slip over teeth. They are clear and removable, and the treatment time is usually quicker as compared to braces. Invisalign is the most well-known producer or aligners. For information regarding Invisalign cost Bahrain, contact Al Hilal hospital today.
Retainers– these are used at the end of orthodontic treatment, for holding straightened teeth in place during the adjustment period of surrounding bone and gum in the new position. Retainers can be either removable or fixed, depending on patient’s requirement.
Tooth Extraction– In certain cases, the orthodontist might also remove one or more teeth, to allow correct positioning and improved appearance of the teeth nearby.
Who needs to consult Orthodontist
The major reasons to visit orthodontist include:
- Misaligned teeth
- Quality of bite and difficulty in biting, speaking, and chewing
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Inability to close your lips comfortably
- Frequent shifting of jaws
- Unintentional biting of cheek or roof of mouth
- Protruding, misplaced or crowded teeth
- Facial imbalance due to uneven teeth
Benefits Orthodontic Consultation
An orthodontic consultation and treatment can bear following benefits by improving the alignment and positioning of jaws and teeth:
- Improved self esteem
- Overall enhanced dental health
- Long term action plan presented by orthodontist and general dentist
- Helpful for patients of all ages
- Modern technology offers orthodontic devices that are barely visible and can be easily used by patients of all ages and genders.
Al Hilal Hospital Bahrain, Department of Dental and Dentistry
At Al Hilal Hospital Department of Dental and Dentistry, we offer highly qualified professionals, state-of-the-art equipment, use of modern technology and trained staff, to provide ideal healthcare facilities to all our patients. Contact us and get information about best periodontist in Bahrain, Pediatric dentist Bahrain, teeth cleaning Bahrain, teeth braces cost in Bahrain and Invisalign cost Bahrain. In addition, we also provide the following treatment options:
- Complete denture, cast partial denture
- Dental implants, veneers, crowns, and bridges
- Maxillofacial prosthesis
- Hollywood smile or smile designing
- Correction of Backward & Forward positioned teeth
- Neonatal obturation or feeding appliance (in cleft lip and cleft palate)
- Correction of Irregular & crowded teeth
- Occlusal splint
- Self-ligating braces
- Closing of Gaps in between teeth
- Early Orthodontics (Preventive and interceptive)
- Camouflaging Orthodontics
- Treatment of Jaw abnormalities in children
- Surgical cases Treated Non-Surgically (within acceptable limits)
- Metallic & Ceramic (tooth colored) Braces
- Myofunctional Therapy
- TAD (Temporary Anchorage Device) Used
- Certified Damon system (Self ligating Braces) provider
- Adult Orthodontics including surgical orthodontics
Dr Rinkoo Jose M, Al Hilal Hospital
Dr. Rinkoo Jose M at Al Hilal Hospital is one of the best orthodontists in Bahrain. With more than 12 years of experience, Dr. Rinkoo Jose M is highly qualified professional, with an impressive profile in terms of qualifications and experience. He holds proven record of correct diagnosis and efficient orthodontic treatment for all his patients.