Bill of Rights
Patients and Family Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
Part of Al Hilal medical center mission statement is to provide comprehensive care considering the patients and family bill of rights and responsibilities and to encourage the clients to practice them. Rights and responsibilities of patients deemed incompetent to practice their Rights "children, Comatose Patients, etc" will be transferred to their Family Members.
Patients and Family Responsibilities
- You have a responsibility to deal with medical center staff and other patients in a decent manner and respect their privacy.
- You are responsible to follow and respect the medical center rules and regulations such
a.) Following safety and security instructions including-No Smoking, Avoid using mobile phone and photography in the prohibited areas, infection control, & environmental care.
b.) Respectful of medical center properties.
- You are responsible to provide accurate and complete information about present and past illness history and any change in your health.
- You are responsible for understanding your health problem before giving any consent for treatment.
- You are responsible to follow the instructions and medical order of your treating team and to tell them if you are unable to follow or not willing to follow the treatment plan.
- You are responsible for the consequences of refusing the treatment.
- You are responsible for keeping your appointment. If you can't keep the appointment, it is your responsibility to notify the appointment office as early as possible.
- You assume the financial responsibility of paying for all services rendered either through third-party payers (your Insurance Company) or being personally responsible.
- You have to respect and consider the priority for the Emergency case.
To avoid bringing valuable personal things to the medical center since the medical center is not responsible of saving them
- You are expected to provide complete and accurate information, including your full name, address, mobile no, date of birth, CPR number, insurance carrier and employer when it is required.
- You are responsible to co-operate during medical examination and procedure.
I. Rights of Medical care:
You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of "Patient and Family Bill of Rights and Responsibilities" at the earliest possible moment from Reception or health care workers or Nursing staff and if for any reason you cannot understand it, please contact health care workers for help.
- Receive a comprehensive care given without discrimination by competent personnel that reflects consideration of your personal values as per M.O.H laws and regulations.
- Expect emergency procedures to be carried out as soon as possible.
- Have appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Participate in decision involving your health care.
- Be provided with information upon discharge of your continuing health care requirements and the means for meeting them.
- Refuse or Discontinue the treatment to the extent permitted by law, and to be informed of the potential consequences of any such action, and accordingly you will sign a form prepared for that.
- Sign the necessary informed consent prior to the start of any minor procedure except in emergencies.
- Right to seek the second opinion.
II. Rights of Information
- To know the medical center Mission and Vision.
- To know the Identity of your caregiver.
- To receive complete and current information from treating doctor "once Final Diagnosis is reached "regarding the diagnosis, treatment and potential benefit and drawbacks of the proposed treatment.
- When it is not medically advisable the information pertaining to your condition shall be given on your behalf to your designated / legal representative.
- To receive appropriate explanation of the cost of your treatment.
- Voice complaint regarding your care through suggestions boxes or through phone number (Tel. 17495555) or through hospital email email@example.com. The result will be given to you by receptionist as soon as possible
- To know the available source of care for your condition and other alternative treatment inside or outside the medical center
- We support your choice If you are willing to do organs and tissues donation "although we do not provide this service" , you can call the Salmania medical complex 17284081 and you will receive the full information that supports your choice from the salmania medical complex .
III. Rights of Confidentiality and privacy
You have the right to:
- Protect your privacy while receiving services.
- Have all information, records pertaining to your medical care treated as confidential except as otherwise provided by law or third-party contractual agreement.
- Have your medical record confidential, protected from loss or misuse and read only by individuals involved in your care or by individual authorized by law or regulation.
IV. Safety and security rights
- To be provided with a safety mechanism surrounding your care within the framework established by the medical center.
- To be provided with a safety mechanism for your valuables from lose or theft when needed.
- To be protected from physical, verbal or psychological assault.